2019 Spring Workshop: Day 2 - Modern Business Analysis Techniques
IIBA Winnipeg is pleased to announce our Annual Spring Workshop!
Bob the BA is back by popular demand! This time, to take you on a two-day immersive and interactive journey!
May 23rd - Modern Business Analysis Techniques
If you struggle with not getting enough information or time from stakeholders to get the job done you may want to rethink the techniques you have been using. Businesses today are changing rapidly. The same old techniques that you have been using may not be living up to the agility and speed required to succeed in this new dynamic marketplace of change. You need techniques that will energize your stakeholders, engage them in new ways that bring them to a new level of collaboration! Whether you live in an Agile or Waterfall world (or somewhere in-between), whether you are Business Analyst, Project Manager, Leader or Subject Matter Expert, this class is right for your you and your organization. There are well over 300 techniques that can be used on projects to elicit, analyze, make decision and gain consensus, but only a small portion of them are ever taught or are hidden in a book. This course takes some of the best of the best to help you get extraordinary results!
- Learn new BA techniques that will save you time
- Learn new techniques that elicit more information faster
- Learn new techniques that will engage your stakeholders and bring them to a new level of collaboration
- Learn dozens of new modern techniques to help facilitate the following:
- Working in person or virtual
- Faster elicitation
- More detailed information and requirements
- Higher levels of collaboration
- Stronger decisions
- Ensure participation by all participants equally
- New levels of creativity and idea generation
- Stronger solution mindset
- Modern techniques include (but not limited to there will be over 30 techniques!):
- Empathy Map
- Environmental Scan
- Advanced brainstorming
- Spectrum Analysis
- The Hot Air Balloon (a Bob the BA original that generated 1400 sticky notes in one hour, 800 requirements and shaved two months off the project timeline!)
- Collaborative capture
- Graphical Fact Model
- Heuristic Ideation
- And many, many more collaborative, innovative, and practical techniques that will make your job easier!
8:00 AM to 8:45 AM Registration and Breakfast
8:45 AM to 4:00 PM Workshop (Lunch will be served)
NOTE: For the complete two-day workshop, please register on the following page: https://winnipeg.iiba.org/event/spring-2019-workshop-invasion-agile-business-analyst-modern-ba-techniques
|Early Bird Registration
(Up to May 10th)
|Regular Registration (After May 10th)|
|Chapter Members & Students||$475.00||$525.00|
About Bob the BA:
Bob Prentiss is a keynote speaker, author, mentor, coach and Business Analysis thought leader. Bob is passionate about helping you think, learn & work differently so you can become the best version of yourself. Bob is the CEO and founder of Bob the BA Training providing badass business analysis training, consulting and mentoring services. Bob the BA helps organizations transform their requirements practices utilizing modern techniques, an agile mindset and street-smart approaches to get the work done faster. Bob is CBAP® certified with 30 years of experience in corporate America; with a background in managing BA centers of excellence, assessing and managing BA maturity, quality, and competency. Bob has presented numerous keynote, workshops, seminars, conferences, and training sessions across North America. Bob is a founding member and past President of the IIBA® MSP Chapter.