Overcoming Four Challenges Business Analysts Face
Simply put, business analysis concerns itself with defining business needs, recommending solutions, and evaluating the value of these solutions for customers. Straightforward as they may seem, stakeholders routinely challenge business analysis, frequently delay communication, and continually change to the articulated business need, and this shifting environment impacts the products or solutions being developed.
Consequently, four major challenges emerge:
- the level of engagement from stakeholders in identifying the business needs,
- the team’s contributions in performing gap analysis for non-commercial requirements,
- the type of defects identified and the types of testing done that require the business analyst to support the team, and
- the level of risks that need to be considered in properly designing the solutions.
- In this discussion, we will discuss how Inflectra’s SpiraPlan supports these four business analysts’ challenges.
- Types of collaboration and auditability for requirement definition from stakeholders
- Bi-directional traceability of requirements to test cases
- Types of requirement definition as well as exploratory testing and defect density
- Integrated Risk Management functionality to explore planning and development.
About Dr. Sriram Rajagopalan:
Dr. Sriram Rajagopalan is a project management guru with extensive software development and project management experience in many industries. He won prestigious recognition from PMI with the Eric Jennet project management excellence award in 2017. He holds a BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the University of Madras in India, an MS in Computer Engineering from Wayne State University, and an MBA in Management from Concordia University. His Ph.D. was in Organization and Management from Capella University. Dr. Rajagopalan possesses many professional certifications in PfMP, PgMP, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, CSP, CSPO, CSD, CSM, ACC, IT Project+, Six Sigma, SCM, SCPO, SCD, SAMC, SCT, and CSOX.
Join us to learn more about Business Anaylsts Challenges and win Prizes!
Winnipeg IIBA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Overcoming Four Challenges Business Analysts Face
Time: Sep 14, 2022 05:30 PM Winnipeg
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 1613 7984
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 814 1613 7984
Find your local number: https://iiba-org.zoom.us/u/kclot28xrB